WHILEN Y PORTHMYN
A focus group comprising of representatives from Tregaron Town Council and Whilen y Porthmyn was set up to move forward with the regeneration and development of Tregaron town. A consultation identified a need to improve the delivery of information in the town and to improve the marketing and promotion of services, events, organisations and local amenities for both visitors and residents. From this the Caron Digidol was created.
The project aims to purchase an Interactive Information Board and locate it on the square in Tregaron in order to build cohesion within the community, nurture heritage and culture and build a stronger community.
The project activities include:
- Purchase and install interactive information board
- Appoint a volunteer to co-ordinate and gathering information, update the information and look after the day to day running of the board
- Devise a database of information, organisations and local amenities
- Training for community members on software
- Monthly monitoring & reporting to evaluate usage, content etc
A wide range of people will benefit from this project including; young people, older people, women, Welsh speakers, Black, ethnic and minority groups, individuals with disabilities, farming households, micro-businesses, small businesses, tourists and the whole of Tregaron. Installing a digital information board will support and help promote the activities and projects already taking place in the town – it will act as a digital hub that will bring everything together and in one place.
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.