RURAL COMMUNITY ASSETS DEVELOPMENT - BENEFICE OF LLANFIHANGEL YSTRAD, CILCENNIN WITH TREFILAN AND NANTCWNLLE
The Benefice, representing the combined churches of Llanfihangel Ystrad and Cilcennin with Trefilan and Nantcwnlle, is developing a comprehensive plan of investment in its buildings over the next 3-5 years.
The Benefice has set up an active funding working group to drive forward the investment plans. The group is keen to explore how the planned investment programme can be used to provide facilities that address the needs of the communities of Cilcennin, Talsarn, Bwlchllan, Ystrad / Felinfach and Cribyn.
The aim of this project is to inform the investment plan for the Benefice by:
- Providing an analysis of needs and current provision within the specific area covered by the four churches (population 2,200)
- Identifying potential alternative uses for church facilities to support further investment proposals and applications.
- Consult widely with the population within the Benefice to further support the investment plan that will be developed.
The objectives of this project are:
- To conduct a broad assessment of current community / social provision in the area.
- To carry out a needs assessment based on a desk research of service requirements linked to the area’s demographic.
- To carry out an assessment of the facilities owned by the churches within the Benefic and develop a broad physical development plan to enable an alternative use for the facilities.
- To consult with all relevant stakeholders about the proposed development plan for the four churches, as part of the plan’s development.
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.