FOOD DISTRIBUTION FEASIBILITY - CEREDIGION COUNTY COUNCIL
The food distribution Feasibility Study by Ceredigion County Council, on behalf of the Local Action Groups in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire, is on Sustainable Logistic Models of Food Distribution South West Wales.
COVID-19 has shown a rising demand for local/regional food distribution, with many businesses selling direct to customers. This trend borne out of need and accessibility is calling attention to alternative models that support a set of social, economic and environmental values.
Ceredigion County Council commissioned Miller Research (UK) Ltd to conduct research on financial sustainable models of food distribution and logistics in Ceredigion which include:
- Analysis of the current position in Ceredigion
- The customer shopping experience in Ceredigion
- Logistics management
- Distribution management to include a central hub
- Look at existing models operating in UK/Europe
- Set up a consumer focus group
- Set up a producer/stakeholder focus group
- Consultations with key external individuals/organisations and specialists to identify potential collaboration
Following the conclusion of the research, a written report on the findings was produced which includes recommendations for Ceredigion. To view the report click here.