HERE FOR YOU
Here For You is a 2 year pilot project by the Ceredigion Youth Charity – Area 43. As many young people avoid or find it difficult to access existing support services for a range of reasons including unavailability and low confidence, this project offers a free, universal online counselling service that supports those aged 16-30 years, without distinction.
Area 43’s project Here For You aims to support all young people aged 16 - 30 within Ceredigion. The charity hope to improve and promote emotional well-being among the groups they work with and increase resilience in those that engage.
The project activities include:
- Using current employed pool of counsellors o provide a breadth of experience, age, gender and language.
- The provision of practical training for the counsellors. Counsellors will be members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and will follow BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Provide online based counselling, via existing free encrypted software packages, Skype and VSee.
- Promoting the project for people to be aware of the service available.
- Providing access to young people at times that suit their needs and through media channels they are comfortable with.
- Targeting particular groups including young farmers, sports teams and students.
A service user stated, “The service really worked for me, the number of sessions available meant I could explore issues properly without feeling rushed. It was flexible and allowed me to receive counselling when it suited me.”
A wide range of people will benefit from this project including; young people, women, Welsh speakers, Black, ethnic and minority groups, individuals with disabilities including agoraphobia, farming households and all young individuals who are isolated by geography and time constraints.
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.