NANT YR ARIAN
This project by Cambrian Mountains Initiative Community Interest Company (CMIcic) will produce a feasibility study and business plan to inform future development of the vacant ex-FCW building at Bwlch Nant yr Arian.
The CMIcic is particularly interested in uses that:
- Build awareness of the landscape, nature, cultural heritage of the Cambrian Mountains and Ceredigion
- Promote opportunities for the local economy
- Provide a resource for local people and visitors
- Generate income to support the work of the Cambrian Mountains Initiative.
The potential uses for the building include:
- Cambrian Mountains Heritage / Information Centre
- Outdoor pursuits: bike hire; associated retail; changing / showering facilities
- Base / facility for outdoor and local experiences: guided MTB, orienteering, walking, nature, heritage
- Cambrian Mountains / Ceredigion produce (retail)
- Dark Sky Centre
The consultant is tasked with looking at other locations where projects of this type have been successful and identifying the keys to success and areas of potential risk. As part of the feasibility study there is also a consultation process with the local community including local businesses and others. Current users of the site including both local people and visitors will be consulted on their views for the potential redevelopment of the building. Following the completion of the study a final report will be publicly available.
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.